Sunday, March 27, 2011
I know I haven't updated in a while because I worked a lot this week so it has been pure chaos at home. Plus we've spent most of our time at my mother in laws house in the afternoons and haven't really been home.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that tomorrow is the BIG DAY and we'll be finding out what were having! I'm so excited!! I will do an 18 week update tomorrow or sometime this week, but here are a couple of pics I've taken over the past couple of weeks.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I'm actually 16.2 weeks today but I'm doing this post about 15 weeks pregnancy highlights because I wasn't able to do it last week.
First, there is a stomach virus that is spreading like crazy because it hit our house last week, but the only people who caught it were Noah and I. I honestly haven't felt that bad since I was a kid. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled on Wednesday but I felt so bad I just couldn't go. I rescheduled it the following day with another doctor.
So Thursday, when I went to the doctor, she told me that I was looking very close to being dehydrated and that I needed to keep trying to get enough fluids down or I would have to go to the hospital for an IV. Also, she informed me that I have a urinary tract infection and that is probably what was making me feel worse. A UTI, plus a virus, on top of being pregnant = NO FUN! But Anyway, I'm feeling much better now!
I heard the heartbeat for the second time at this appointment. It was 176 at the first appointment and this time it was 149.
I still think baby is a Boy!
Cravings: Pickles, BBQ, anything fruity, Cran-Apple Juice, Chicken & Dressing, and Pretty much everything else!
Great News!! In exactly 1 week and 6 days we will find out what our little bean is!!
Speaking of little bean, he/she is not so much a little bean anymore! Baby is the size of a turnip, weighing in at 5 oz. and 5 inches long.
I was apparently up 5 pounds last time I was at the doctor because they told me I've lost 5 pounds and I'm back to my starting weight of 118.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Noah had his 18 month appointment today.
His stats are:
Height: 33 3/4"
Head Cir: 20
He's 90-95% for everything.
He looked at a book while he sat on the scale.
(While we were there, his little cheeks turned so red!)
He did good and sat really still while the doctor checked him out.
He had to get 4 shots too! :( He cried for a minute, but he got over it and toughed it out like a big boy!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
I'm doing this post for my friend Jennifer who is starting a new business called..
If you are into hand made clothing, monogramming, bows, and other accessories for your little one then you definitely need to click here to read more about her upcoming news.
And if you love freebies then you can click here to see how you can enter to win this...
Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!!
I'm linking up again today with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner for SUYL Friday and the topic for today is Family!
I grew up in a family of five. We are very family oriented and never really go a long time without seeing each other or even a day without talking. They all play a very important role in my life and my kids lives. We may not have always had everything we wanted, but when you grow up you start to realize the real things in life that are so much better than anything money could buy. We have the best time just being ourselves, cutting up, and always laughing with each other!
Meet my Parents....
Warren & Tonya
I was truly blessed with a stable household growing up. This year my parents will celebrate their 27th anniversary! They have always centered their relationship and everything they do around God! I have watched my parents for twenty five years now and I can honestly say that I hope Jason and I still have the same kind of love for each other as my parents do when we are married that long.
My Dad is so talented and intelligent in just about anything he puts his mind too! He can play just about any instrument he touches. God blessed him with a great gift and talent. He likes to cut up and laugh. He is a true man of God and believes with his whole heart. He has always reminded me of how much I am loved and has always done what he had to do to provide for our family. He truly is an amazing father and I'm so happy to have him as my very own!
My Mom is my best friend. I can always count on her to be there when I need her. She truly loves my kids like they were her own. She is an amazing cook! She's such a patient person and is truly thankful for the little things in life. She knows how to make the best out of everything and she is always putting others before herself.
Both of my parents are so loving and support me in anything I do. They have always taught me to be honest, loyal, giving, and to keep my eyes on the Lord.
Meet my Sister....
My sister and I are about 3 1/2 years apart. We used to fight a lot! Now that we are both married and have grown up more we have gotten over our differences for the most part. Christian is a very tender hearted giving person, definitely a blonde but she is who she is and I love her for that. She is her own person and doesn't care what other people think about her. She is very laid back, just goes with the flow and gets a long with just about anyone she meets. She is a great wife to her husband Mark and I know that she will be a great mother when her and Mark decide to start a family one day.
Meet My Brother...
My baby brother, who isn't a baby anymore! I can't believe he's graduating high school this year and turning 18! Caleb is just someone who lights up a room. He has a very outgoing personality and has the biggest bleeding heart. He is such a loving person that you can't help but smile when you think of him. He is a very strong believer in Christ and you can tell it because he just shines with joy all the time. He sends out everyone he knows a daily scripture through text first thing in the morning just to get your day started off right. He is very mature for his age and is working hard to get what he wants out of life.
I love my family so very much and we wouldn't be who we are today without each others love, different personalities, and talents.
You can read more stories from other bloggers and their families here!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- Last Friday was my birthday! I didn't really do much of anything, just spent the day with my sweet babies! On Saturday I had to work and it was such an awful day. I wound up not getting off until about 5:30! I'm a sub mail carrier and the mail is always unpredictable! Needless to say I was in a rush to get home and get ready because Jason planned for all of our family to come over at 6:00 and for like the first time ever, everyone else was on time! ha
My mom cooked homemade lasagna which was so so good! As always, she's such a wonderful cook! And Jason made an awesome salad with homemade Italian and Ranch dressing! (not together)
I let the kids help me blow out the candles but Noah really just wanted to eat the cake!
- I got a hair cut last week! I got a few inches cut off. It feels so much better and it's so much easier! I was using a different kind of shampoo and wondered why my hair was feeling so dry and I finally realized it was the shampoo. It made it horrible! I had to get some major moisture back in it and a new "hair mask" (eggs, mayo, and olive oil) definitely made a HUGE difference! And of course new shampoo! I know it sounds gross, but I promise it works!
- Prayer request for my grandmother and her husband who lost their house in a fire last Wednesday. They are currently staying with my parents until they can get everything worked out, but I can't imagine what that must be like. I'm so thankful that they are okay!
- Jaycelyn is still doing really well using the potty. We haven't had any accidents while out on the go or at all during the day or night! Although, she still does #2 in her pants sometimes if you don't catch her in time. I know it will get better with time. I'm just so happy to have a little break in between changing 2 babies diapers again! Then it will be Noah's turn!
- Speaking of Noah, he is 18 months today! Such a handsome little ball of fire! I will update on him after his appointment on Tuesday. I really need to talk to the doctor about his allergies. He is lactose intolerant and it seems to be getting worse.
- Tomorrow will be 5 years I've been married to that wonderful man I call my husband! I'm looking forward to a much needed relaxing weekend together!