Friday, March 4, 2011

Show Us Your Life: Family

I'm linking up again today with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner for SUYL Friday and the topic for today is Family!




I grew up in a family of five. We are very family oriented and never really go a long time without seeing each other or even a day without talking. They all play a very important role in my life and my kids lives. We may not have always had everything we wanted, but when you grow up you start to realize the real things in life that are so much better than anything money could buy. We have the best time just being ourselves, cutting up, and always laughing with each other!

Meet my Parents....

Warren & Tonya

I was truly blessed with a stable household growing up. This year my parents will celebrate their 27th anniversary! They have always centered their relationship and everything they do around God! I have watched my parents for twenty five years now and I can honestly say that I hope Jason and I still have the same kind of love for each other as my parents do when we are married that long.

My Dad is so talented and intelligent in just about anything he puts his mind too! He can play just about any instrument he touches. God blessed him with a great gift and talent. He likes to cut up and laugh. He is a true man of God and believes with his whole heart. He has always reminded me of how much I am loved and has always done what he had to do to provide for our family. He truly is an amazing father and I'm so happy to have him as my very own!
My Mom is my best friend. I can always count on her to be there when I need her. She truly loves my kids like they were her own. She is an amazing cook! She's such a patient person and is truly thankful for the little things in life. She knows how to make the best out of everything and she is always putting others before herself.
Both of my parents are so loving and support me in anything I do. They have always taught me to be honest, loyal, giving, and to keep my eyes on the Lord.

Meet my Sister....

Christian
My sister and I are about 3 1/2 years apart. We used to fight a lot! Now that we are both married and have grown up more we have gotten over our differences for the most part. Christian is a very tender hearted giving person, definitely a blonde but she is who she is and I love her for that. She is her own person and doesn't care what other people think about her. She is very laid back, just goes with the flow and gets a long with just about anyone she meets. She is a great wife to her husband Mark and I know that she will be a great mother when her and Mark decide to start a family one day.

Meet My Brother...

Caleb
My baby brother, who isn't a baby anymore! I can't believe he's graduating high school this year and turning 18! Caleb is just someone who lights up a room. He has a very outgoing personality and has the biggest bleeding heart. He is such a loving person that you can't help but smile when you think of him. He is a very strong believer in Christ and you can tell it because he just shines with joy all the time. He sends out everyone he knows a daily scripture through text first thing in the morning just to get your day started off right. He is very mature for his age and is working hard to get what he wants out of life.

I love my family so very much and we wouldn't be who we are today without each others love, different personalities, and talents.



You can read more stories from other bloggers and their families here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...