I know that I'm not the only one that has a hard time motivating myself on a daily basis to do something that I need to do or want to accomplish. As a matter of fact, that is what I'm trying to do right now, so what better way then to write this post. I have a few tips that help me stay motivated and maybe they will help you too!
- Look at the bigger picture, what and who am I doing this for? How will I feel when I lay my head down tonight and I've had a productive day? How will I feel if I don't? Besides, who else is gonna do it? Do you want more stress in the morning when tomorrows duties start to pile up on top of today's?
- Mentally prepare yourself. Pump Yourself Up! Make a checklist for the things you need to accomplish or set new goals.....What is your Game Plan?
- Don't dread what you need to do or dwell on it. Like my husband would say, which by the way, is my BEST motivator! Try to see the positive side to it. Like, Thanking God that I am able to walk or that I have a house to clean, I have a family to clean up after, and even the smaller things like a very content and happy baby because there is a few rough days and boy do I wish I would've managed my time more efficiently when I was able.
- Try to keep clutter down daily. Make it a habit for everyone to pick up after themselves.
- Don't get distracted by the computer, tv, or phone. (One of my biggest problems, clearly!) It really becomes a problem when you allow yourself to get distracted by other's people's drama that will only bring you down.
- Turn everything off except for your favorite kind of music. Unless it's depressing! I always seem to get more done when I play Christian music. It always puts me in a better spirit too! As far as my kids go, I put a movie on for them in a separate room with a snack.
- If it's a pretty day, open the windows. Put your favorite scent in a warmer.
- If you're overwhelmed, set a timer for 15-20 minute intervals and take breaks.
- Put shoes on, even if you're still in your pajamas! You'll be ready to run! Or FLY (Finally Loving Yourself) as Flylady would say! You can read more of her tips here and how to cut out CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) in your life!