Monday, April 26, 2010

Pillowcase dresses

I've really been wanting to get back into sewing again here lately and even though pillowcase dresses really don't require much sewing at all I thought this would be a good way for me to ease back into it until I can get back on my feet. Since I don't have any really cute pillowcases and I need to refresh my memory, I thought I would just start by making a pillowcase first and then starting from there. I went to Hancock fabrics yesterday and picked out a few fabrics. Even though they didn't quite have what I was looking for, I think these will make cute summer dresses for Jaycelyn when I am finished. Here is what I got..


with yellow ribbon...

with hot pink ribbon...

and with white ribbon...

The pictures are not of the best quality because these are much brighter in person.

If you're not familiar with what a pillowcase dress is or you would like to make one, the link below has 6 simple steps to get you started.


I plan to update frequently while making these and will hopefully show you a finished dress very soon :)

1 comment:

  1. My Mamma (NELLIE JANE WHITSON MACINTOSH)Use to make feed sack dresses for my mom and aunt.This would have been in the 1920's through 30's. Mom said they were pretty .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...