Friday, January 28, 2011

Frugal Friday

Honestly we could all live a little more frugal and anyone that knows me can tell you that I definitely need to, especially with our 3rd baby on the way. I am going to try to steadily do this so that I can somewhat hold myself accountable for it. Since my husband is constantly on me about how we can cut costs and save unnecessarily spent money then I'm going to try to jump in the same boat with him. Even though sometimes he can get a little overboard like making our own soap. There is nothing wrong with making your own soap, it might actually be a fun craft but I'll stick with Dove for now.

For this week's Frugal Friday I'm going to say continue with cooking more meals at home and not going out as much. We have been doing this for a couple of months and can say I am pretty proud. If you read my last post then that was another reason for our "stay at home date night".

If you lay it out and see how much money you are spending on those 4 or more $50+ meals a month plus what you're spending on your grocery bill for at home meals then you could double your grocery money per month. Which means you could save a couple hundred dollars per month. To some that may not be much but every penny adds up and over a years time you have over $1,000.00. And just think, that's only one way of being frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...