Monday, November 19, 2012

Tummy Aches, Bare Bottoms, and a BRAT

Our weekend was pretty laid back. Actually, I don't think we even left the house. 
On Thursday Noah woke up with an upset stomach and by noon he had a fever that wouldn't subside. Finally, by that evening it was gone and hasn't returned. His tummy ache continued on through Saturday but wasn't anything serious. He's just fine now and back to his normal self.

Eli has been dealing with the same thing, only worse in the bottom department because he wears a diaper. I couldn't keep that poor baby's butt cleared up. He ran around naked for most of the weekend so things could air out. The brat I'm referring to is him, just kidding, he is one of those, but I'm talking about the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. 

And just for a need to know basis...

The BRAT diet can help you recover from an upset stomach or diarrhea for the following reasons:
  • It includes “binding” foods. These are low-fiber foods that can help make your stools firmer.
  • It includes bananas, which are high in potassium and help replace nutrients your body has lost because of vomiting or diarrhea.
I tried to follow the diet the best I could but if you know my boys, you know they both LOVE to eat! I'm really not sure if Eli's was a virus or from teething. He's cutting two molars right now so I'm thinking it's more from that. I don't know why my kids get so many teeth all at once!? It was okay with J & N because they were so good while teething but it seems like Eli has been teething for more than half of his life. Like every day. 

If it was a virus, I'm so thankful that it was quick and didn't do too much damage! 

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Eli that I took yesterday...






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...