Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sick Baby

Eli hasn't been feeling good for about two weeks now. I called the nurse a couple of times to see if I needed to bring him in, but she didn't really act like it was urgent. I finally took him to the doctor yesterday because I knew this was more than a cold. He wasn't getting better and this had been going on for too long.

When the doctor checked him out, he said that he had croup and an ear infection. I've been running the vaporizer on full blast at night, rubbing vick's baby rub on him, and giving him cough medicine and tylenol this whole time because at first I thought it was a cold and I was trying to get rid of it quick. I think that's what really helped so much. I would hate to know what he sounded like if I hadn't been doing that. It was also hard to tell if he even had croup because none of my children have ever had it, so I didn't know what it was like and Eli didn't even act sick. He is such a wonderful baby. You wouldn't think he had anything more than a tooth coming through. 

Does this look like a sick baby to you?



The Doctor sent us on our way with an antibiotic and a steroid. Hopefully this crud will be on it's way out the door just as quick!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...