Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mama's Fried Potatoes

Okay, I know you're probably thinking why in the world is she posting a recipe about fried potatoes!? Well the reason I'm posting it is because in my case, it wasn't something that I could just guess on. (maybe that's just me) After cooking them a couple times and they were seriously pathetic, I finally called my mom up and asked her how in the crap to make the things! This I should've done to begin with because I usually do. 

So, that brings me to say, if you're in the same boat that I was, or maybe you've never made them, which I highly doubt, here is the recipe for my mom's fried potatoes.


First put 1/2 cup of oil in your iron skillet or non stick pan. I heated the oil on medium.
 Next you cut and wash your potatoes, this is the size that I cut them


then, cut up half of an onion and add to the potatoes


Add your seasonings (salt, pepper, & I added garlic salt).


Lightly coat your potatoes with flour. This will help big time if you do not have a non stick pan.





When your oil is hot enough, add your potatoes but try not to add more than a single layer.


Cover and let them cook for around 7 minutes before turning them.

Almost done...


And Viola! You have Mama's fried potatoes! I think they turned out pretty darn good if I might say. I think I'll give myself a pat on the back! :)




-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...